Palm Reading Into Profits
by Baeth Davis, Your Prosperity Purpose Mentor
Poster Baeth created for a 7th grade history project. The document is still in her possession
When people first heard what I did for a living, they laughed. When they heard how much money I made doing what I do (scientific hand analysis, commonly known as ‘palm reading’), they stopped laughing. They either turned away in a daze or started asking me, “Baeth, how did you do this?”
When I tell people how I created my business, most can’t believe it’s that simple or that it requires focus, determination and work. They want a magic pill. Oh well, I can’t give you that, but I can share my experience.
It all started in the 7th grade when I did a report on palmistry. My dad encouraged me as he read a palmistry book by the palmist, Cheiro, and he did little palm readings for his friends at parties! You can see the poster board above that I created for my presentation and still have in my possession today. My desire was there when I was a mere 11 years old. It hasn’t gone away.
The things you loved as a child are your soul’s passion calling to you. Are you willing to let go of what’s ‘safe’ to have what is true?
Jump to the present. Here are the YourPurpose.com business goals for 2012:
- Grow our prospective client base by 10 times with new YourPurpose.comcommunity members
- Serve current clients with excellence
- Gross 2.5 million or more in revenues over and above our 2011 revenues (Our revenues in 2011 were UP over 2010 – in THIS economy. Imagine.)
Why do I tell you this?
People still constantly – I mean, constantly – ask me how I turned ‘palm reading’ into profits. Profitability doesn’t just happen by praying to God or just thinking about what you want to create or just writing it down. It is more than that – all though faith and intention helps the process flow much better than if you are doubtful, cranky and resistant. Obviously, right?
Here’s my manifestation process:
- Visualize your outcome – work backwards from your goal.
- Believe in yourself. No one else will if you don’t. Self-confidence is vital.
- Make a plan. Research it. Write it all out – in as much detail as you can manage. Share it with those who will be instrumental in helping you achieve your goal. For example, to reach our revenue goal, I divide our annual goal by 12 for our monthly goal, then our monthly goal by 4 for our weekly goal, then divide our weekly goal by 5 for our daily goal – excluding weekends. [Do YOU know how much you need to bring EACH working day to reach your goal? If not now, when?]
- Eliminate distracting people, places and things from all your environments – closets, car, office, bedroom, etc. (Um, hopefully there are no people in your closets or your car trunk.) My rules: make a plan daily and check things off the list, kindness is non-negotiable, and the customer is always right, except when they are obnoxious, then we block their IP address, never to be heard from again. Why? There is NO excuse for abuse. Ever. From anyone. If you expect respect, you will get it. Be sure to give it.
- Choose a positive attitude, no matter your circumstances. Victor Frankl, Holocaust survivor and author of Man’s Search for Meaning, one of the most influential books of all time, said that attitude is the only thing no one can take from you. And he beat the Nazis. Remember that.
- Implement. The most successful people I know are always asked, “What is the #1 key to success?” Answer “take action.” DO it. The word “do” is in the word D-O-N-E. My favorite word.
- Track, test and measure your results. What is your home page conversion from visitor to opt in? What are your best-selling programs and products? Who purchases from you most frequently? If you don’t know, find out and watch your profits soar when you adjust based on the numbers.
- Marketing is math. Enough said.
- Ask for the sale. “Heart-based” selling is selling. It just means that you actually sell something and deliver, it doesn’t mean not asking for the sale or being wimpy – unless you are making money every day in your business, you are being wimpy. Sorry, but it’s true.
- The money is in the phone. Get on the phone and ask for the sale. If you can’t sell by phone, don’t start a business. Period. Learn that ONE skill and you will blow your own mind – and see your profits do things you only used to read about. As Chellie Campbell, friend, inspiration and author of the Wealthy Spirit, says, “The money is in the phone!”
- ONLY do what you love. Focus on the three things that you are great at and ditch, delegate or delay the rest. Hey, I understand the concept of html code and even used to edit my own, but I’m so unskilled, a blind monkey makes me look dumb. In the beginning, I did as much as I could to save money. Then I got on the phone and started asking for the sale, which led to success and the opportunity to hire others to help me!
Remember who you were as a child. What made you really really happy? Who did you admire? Your dream is RIGHT there. Will 2012 be the year you live honestly or will you keep making excuses for the dreary, the normal, the expected?
I believe in you. I believe in YOUR PURPOSE. Do you? I think you do. I know you do. Happy New Year!!!
Your Purpose Mentor’s Challenge: Get a piece of paper. Write down the numbers one through 11 in the left-hand column. Pick ONE big powerful goal for 2012 and write out all 11 steps. Then go do it.